Sunday, December 4, 2016

My Hip and Leg Pain Down From 7+ to 2. What?

Image From Public Domain
Free to Use
  • Call it the power of positive thinking! 
  • Call it prayers answered! 
  • Call it the placebo effect.    
Whatever it's called, I claim it. 

My hips-back-leg pains have diminished to barely a twinge. Before, on a scale of 1-9, they were a solid 7+ 

I'm joyfully walking 3--10-minute segments a day. This AM I did 15---minutes. Research shows that 3 10--minute segments is as good as 30 at one time. According to an article in the NY Times, it's true and sometimes the short bursts better than one long uninterrupted one.

What brought about this change in my pain levels?  
  • The Weather? 
  • Prayer?  
  • Self-Hypnosis?
  • Placebo? 
  • Drugs?
Any of these could work.  The power of the mind is sometimes beyond belief. I am a true believer. However, it takes more than just 'thinking' to make it real. Sometimes it takes thinking until you believe it is working.

People who follow my posts on social media about various aspects of health and food know I've done lots of research. Of course, some of my medical friends scoff at the idea that food can heal. I let them scoff and continued researching and trying things. 

So what is it that I believe is totally working for me? What pain relieving miracle food have I found? 

Is it:
  • Exotic
  • Rare 
  • Bitter tasting?
  • Expensive?
It is so simple, natural, and normal I almost hesitate to tell you.

NOTE: I am not a medical professional, adviser, health practitioner, or certified to give medical advice. 

Numerous articles I read mentioned the pain relieving power of certain herbs and spices. 

My morning ritual for a couple months is a slice of Ezekiel Bread toasted. I put on a few dollops of Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil and a sprinkling of dried 
  • Basil
  • Ginger
  • Garlic Powder
  • Turmeric
  • Pepper
Taking the treadmill stress test last week, I was asked if I hurt. No, just short on breath--COPD--my next healing research is focused on increasing lung power naturally.

These are some of the articles I read in my research


I also read a number of books on the subject. Health and fitness especially as we age should be the top of ll 'to-do' lists.

  



Remember, I am not a professional or trained medical adviser. Herbs and spices can interfere with your health routine. Consult your medical adviser before changing your health routine.

The affiliate Amazon books above are only some of  those I used in my pain healing research.


2 comments:

Kent Price info

my email is  khprice@aol.com my website is  www.kprice.com the K-town subpage is  www.kprice.com/kahs the K-town contact list is  ...