Friday, April 7, 2017

Putting My Affairs in Order

I have reached the stage in life when it is time to put my affairs in order. No, not romantic affairs---end of life affairs. I should have done it before now. I have friends who have a file folder of their 'when I'm gone plans' down to who to invite to their funeral, what songs to play, phone lists of who to call in what order.

Some friends used stickers to mark who should get what of their possessions, how to dispose of certain items, individual files of insurance, bank accounts, investments, portfolios, and detailed lists of how to disburse assets.

Well, here I am,  no portfolios, no investments, no funeral plans, I don't want one, no disbursements and no possessions really worth marking, everything except albums and writings can be tossed or if useful, given away.

I  finally got around to creating a living will and some instructions of what and what not to do when I'm 92---my referral to my end time.

Is there anything else I need to do? No reason for a will since I have nothing of value to give except my love and I hope I have been giving that every day with loving care.

I have a  Living will, what to do with my remains, and how to celebrate my life when I'm gone.  Do I need anything else?

As of this moment, I'm not planning to go until I'm 92, that should give this procrastinator time to add or change my end of life affairs.

1 comment:

  1. I'm aiming for 95, but that may be ambitious.

    ReplyDelete

Kent Price info

my email is  khprice@aol.com my website is  www.kprice.com the K-town subpage is  www.kprice.com/kahs the K-town contact list is  ...