Friday, March 23, 2018

A Synopsis of My Life and Travels

              
Living in a small town in PA in a less than affluent or even white picket fence lifestyle, I never dreamed someday I would be a world traveler, cruise to most of the Caribbean Islands, as well as the Greek Isles. spend a week in Aruba enjoying all of its delights, or drink a secret potion prepared by a tour guide in Fiji. 

I marveled at the majesty of the peak of Mt. McKinley in Denali Park, Alaska, and warbled the blues in New Orleans.

I strolled through Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, gazed transfixed at the ruins of Pompeii, and was enthralled by the art in the Sistine Chapel in Rome.

I have been awed by the beauty and acoustics in The Opera House in Sydney, Australia, and I will never forget the view from the Eiffel Tower in Gay Paree!   

My life as a small-town girl in Lebanon, PA changed when my mother married my stepfather, a career army officer. The travel adventure began in March 1953 at age 15 when we moved to Germany where I attended an American High School for two and a half wonderful years.

I lived in a dorm during my school years, going home on weekends and during the summer.  There were adventures visiting school friends in France, a 4 day trip as a cheerleader to Paris for a basketball game, and my senior class trip to Rome, Florence, and Pisa was the amazing highlight.

My travel life continued after marrying Paul McCauley, also a career Army Officer in 1958.  During the next 15 years, we lived in 11 states and one foreign country. I also became the mother of 6 children who grew into amazing adults.

One would think after all that traveling and moving I would be ready to settle down when Paul retired from the military in 1973 and we moved to Clearwater, FL. In 1977, I became a group tour travel agent taking groups on cruises and tours.

This small-town girl never dreamed of doing anything other than growing up in Lebanon, getting married, and having a family, except maybe a fantasy of being a musical comedy star on Broadway.

I have and am living a life that one can only dream of having and the highlight now in the twilight of my life is loving and being loved by a wonderful family.

I am thankful for all my gifts---especially my kids and Grandkids.





               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kent Price info

my email is  khprice@aol.com my website is  www.kprice.com the K-town subpage is  www.kprice.com/kahs the K-town contact list is  ...