Sunday, March 25, 2018

My Political Views

I consider myself a Liberal-Conservative 

Now here is the Liberal side of me.
I believe in:

A woman's right to choose. I don't like abortion but what I think or believe does not mean others can't think and believe as they choose.

I believe in entitlements, like welfare, medical care, and food stamps, but hopefully for those who are truly in need and not those who choose to be needy.

I believe people have a right to their lifestyle, be it gay, lesbian, transgender, etc---I do not have their genes, chromosomes, DNA etc and have no idea what I would do if I did.

I believe in a Creator no matter what it is called, God, Allah, energy, etc. I believe in freedom of religion, a right to worship or not.

I believe in immigration, immigrants built this country but I prefer legal immigration.

Now, the Conservative side of me:

I believe in Capitalism.

I believe if businesses are successful, they provide jobs adding to tax income and relieving government expenditures on entitlements.

I believe in a strong defensive military---the best offense is a strong defense.

I believe in personal responsibility and less Government control.

I believe in the 2d amendment--the right to bear arms. There should be strong gun laws. The NRA can be abolished but the 2d amendment should not be.

Last but maybe not least, I believe how I think or believe should not determine how I relate to those who think differently. It should be about the kind of person they are based on their actions.

Mary Bradley McCauley




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kent Price info

my email is  khprice@aol.com my website is  www.kprice.com the K-town subpage is  www.kprice.com/kahs the K-town contact list is  ...