Tuesday, February 24, 2015

If I Had A Fantasy Romance...

"If you had a fantasy romance, who would it be?" My friend asked as we sipped wine, talking about some of the old days when we were younger. We had already covered the fantasy romances of our early years.  I think Alan Ladd was my first, but that was long, long ago. In my teens, it was Farley Granger and Robert Wagner.

I lost track over most I had through the years. The one that still stands out clearly was my 1966 to 1974 crush on Kansas City Chief's QB, Len Dawson. I was an avid fan, and still remember watching him play, and then during the week watch him as a sports announcer on the local Kansas City TV network. 

"But now," she insisted, "who would you like to spend a little time with, kind of romantically?" She persisted.

Top of the list, if I were younger, Matthew McConaughey, I would ride off with him in a Lincoln into the star filled night listening to that soft, sensual voice anytime. Is it his looks, the voice, the charm oozing from those sexy eyes?

2d on my list would be dinner in an upscale NY restaurant, perhaps nightcaps in a cabaret then cuddled in the back of a carriage through Central Park with, Robert Herjavec, gentle, soft spoken multi-millionaire on ABC's Shark Tank. Those mystical sapphire eyes gleam with empathy, kindness, and a loving spirit.

Finally, but not least by any means would be sharing the stage singing and dancing with the handsome and very sexy, Hugh Jackman. Afterwards, we would enjoy a little backstage time sipping wine and talking about taking our act on the road. Talk about fantasy....He also has a gentleness  about him and kind looking eyes.

I'm noticing a similar trend, all soft-spoken with a gentleness and kindness. Also, a lot of wine sipping. I wonder if I ever had fantasy thoughts about the rough and tough, John Wayne, he-man type? I don't think so, remember my first crush was Alan Ladd, hardly a rough and tough beat 'em up kind of guy. He had to stand on a box to kiss the female in his films.

But  then there is Len Dawson, pretty rough and tough on the football field. I think it was his shy sports announcer persona that attracted me more than anything else.

How about you? Any romantic crushes or just plain Bucket List adventure with anyone, male or female?

#Matthew McConaughey
#Robert Herjavec
#Hugh Jackman

Update....Jan 17,  2015
I noticed that several of my romantic short stories and two novellas have the male with kind eyes. 








2 comments:

  1. I have a crush on Senator Bernie Sanders these days. Unfortunately, he is obviously very devoted and in love with his wife, Jane. If I ever get to meet him, I'll have to restrain my wish to give him a big hug for being such a caring and dynamic person.

    Long ago, when I was in my twenties and thirties, I had fantasy romances with the actor Bill Bixby and Lord Snowden of England. I'm sure there were other passing fancies, but can't remember them at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to give Bernie that hug. Also hope he wins the nomination.

    ReplyDelete

Kent Price info

my email is  khprice@aol.com my website is  www.kprice.com the K-town subpage is  www.kprice.com/kahs the K-town contact list is  ...