Monday, February 16, 2015

Older and Better, Not Old and Bitter


Some older people are fun to be with
And some old people can be a pain
One is like sunshine
Another like rain
One can have wisdom
hard to ignore
One can be cranky
And often a bore.

Just like the young, there are many types of personalities of older people. 

In my 40s, I was associated with retirees. I took them on cruises and tours. Some were wonderful to be with, happy to be retired, and traveling. Some complained about everything from start to finish. I soon learned which ones I wanted on my trips. I also learned to ignore the cranky ones.

Now in my late 70s, I am still associated with older people, and I still know which ones I want to be with. I choose the ones who are older and better, not old and bitter.







2 comments:

  1. I probably could have written this myself but I've a feeling you said it better (and much nicer) than I might have said it! I seem to be drawn to either cranky older people or ones whose attitudes make me cranky too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be better as I grow older. I want to be a happy go lucky take me where the wind blows senior citizen when I am old and gray.

    ReplyDelete

Kent Price info

my email is  khprice@aol.com my website is  www.kprice.com the K-town subpage is  www.kprice.com/kahs the K-town contact list is  ...