Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Story Worth-How My Parent's Named Me

Although my mother was not a practicing Catholic, she was 100% Catholic in mind and spirit. She went to Catholic School for 6 years, including 2 years in a Catholic Orphanage in Harrisburg, PA  after her mother died when she was 10.

She did not go to Mass, but she made my older brother and me go to Sunday Mass and every Holy Day of Obligation.  During Lent, we had to go to Wednesday and Friday Stations of the Cross, could not eat meat on Fridays, and Saturday confession at St. Mary's Catholic Church was a ritual. It's interesting that during a polio epidemic, we were not allowed to go to a crowded movie but it was okay to go to a crowded church for Mass. She said God would take care of us in church.

Needless to say, I was named after the Blessed Mother Mary, mother of Jesus. She once told me she prayed I would become a Nun. Thankfully her prayer wasn't answered. 

StoryWorth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kent Price info

my email is  khprice@aol.com my website is  www.kprice.com the K-town subpage is  www.kprice.com/kahs the K-town contact list is  ...