Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Immigration and a memory of an illegal who worked for me


I am totally for immigrants all sizes, shapes, and forms---they come here to work and improve their lives. I'm 2d generation American. My Grandparents immigrated here from Hungary, legally, going through Ellis Island. I don't want the Dreamers deported---I just want secure borders and merited immigration. I want immigrants who are not escaping incarceration, or those who want to infilter to cause future mayhem or terrorism. I heard this AM--a woman from Nicaragua has started and is running 3 companies, has an MBA. and has been waiting 11 years to be allowed to come here. We need organized, safe immigration and to send back felons, murderers, and law violators.

 In 1962 I had an illegal Mexican immigrant live-in for 2 weeks. My in-laws hired her after the birth of my 3rd child in 3 years. She came to our house in El Paso, TX on a Sunday evening, went back to Jaurez on Friday evening, illegally. Her name was Gloria and we had a wonderful relationship--she adored my kids, fussed over them and she and I shared meals but she would not sit with us for family dinner even though my husband and I asked her to join us. And she refused to let me do anything around the house except with the little ones.

At that time several of my neighbors were Hispanic and we all blended well--most of us on that street were military. I think perhaps military might have had an easier time intermingling with people of various races and creeds. We were a melting pot


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kent Price info

my email is  khprice@aol.com my website is  www.kprice.com the K-town subpage is  www.kprice.com/kahs the K-town contact list is  ...