Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Changing Me - Part 5


Writing goals is #5 on my list is to improve my writing. I am not a 'grammar perfect' writer--not even close. I am using 2 apps to help edit stories I have written.

 Grammarly  free browser extension that improves usage of words, spelling, punctuation errors, and can even detect plagiarism.

  • Confused prepositions.
  • Overuse of the passive voice.
  • Wordy sentences.
  • Repetitive words.
  • Common writing mistakes like misplaced apostrophes.
Spelling errors. 
https://app.grammarly.com/appsFrom: https://becomeawritertoday.com/grammar-checker-review-grammarly/

I also use the Hemingway app It highlights lengthy. complex sentences and common errors. 
If you see a yellow sentence, shorten or split it. If you see a red highlight, your sentence is so dense and complicated that your readers will get lost trying to follow its meandering, splitting logic
You can utilize a shorter word in place of a purple one. Mouse over them for hints.Adverbs and weakening phrases are helpfully shown in blue. Get rid of them and pick words with force, perhaps. Phrases in green have been marked to show passive voice.
The two paragraphs above are from the app site.

(I receive no compensation for mentioning these apps.)
I see remarkable improvements using these apps. I am learning and getting better. I think I am. I think I am. Yes, I am.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Kent Price info

my email is  khprice@aol.com my website is  www.kprice.com the K-town subpage is  www.kprice.com/kahs the K-town contact list is  ...